Caledonia EnrichED is a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the quality of educational enrichment opportunities at Caledonia Community Schools through the collaboration of parents, educators, and the community. Currently, two programs operate under our the umbrella; Caledonia Odyssey of the Mind (OM) & Caledonia Robotics.
PROGRAM BREAK DOWN
OM - with approval, OM students can compete at a higher Division
- Primary 1st-2nd grade
- Division I 3rd-5th grade
- Division II 6th-8th grade
- Division III 9th-12th grade
- Jr FLL 1st-3rd grade
- FLL 4th-5th grade
- MS VEX 6th-8th grade
- HS VEX 9th-12th grade
- FRC 9th-12th grade (in partnership with Code Red Robotics)
Informational kick-off meetings are held prior to each season to educate parents on each Caledonia EnrichED Program, as follows:
- OM September
- Robotics May (for fall season)
HOW TO REGISTER
Online registration opens the night of the information meeting for a limited number of weeks. Links can be found for each program on the Caledonia EnrichED website.
With the exception of the HS VEX program (whose participants form their own teams), each registration form provides team members the opportunity to request a friend and, for those returning, to remain on the same team. While these requests are considered, they are not guaranteed.
Teams will not be formed until 2 coaches (or 1 coach/mentor, in the case of HS VEX program) have been named for each team. Coaches are required to complete a background check.
EQUIPMENT & SHIRTS
All materials and equipment for teams, necessary to participate in competitions, will be provided, or funded by, each program. All Caledonia EnrichED team members are also provided with a t-shirt. The opportunity to purchase extra shirts for family members is often available for those interested.
Payments will be accepted online via Paypal or by check, made out to: "Caledonia Enriched" and mailed to PO Box 194, Caledonia, MI 49316. Please do not send or deliver money to school. All returned check fees will be the responsibility of the issuer.
- Jr FLL $40
- FLL $75
- VEX $100
- OM Primary $40
- OM Division I $60
- OM Division II & III $75
Caledonia EnrichED provides a limited number of scholarships to families who demonstrate significant financial need. Families may self-refer or be referred by school personnel or Caledonia EnrichED members. To be considered, please have a parent or guardian complete the following form.
Each team’s practice schedule and location is determined by the coaches, with input from the team.
- Oct/Nov- Feb Team Practices
- February 17 Regional Tournament (all OM teams)
- March 17 State Tournament (only Div I-III teams who advance)
- May 23-26 World Finals (only Div I-III teams who advance)
Jr FLL Robotics 2017
- Sep-Nov Team Practices
- November 18 Show Me Showcase
FLL Robotics 2017-18
- June/July Optional Team Building
- Aug/Septr-Nov Team Practices
- Nov 11, 18 or Dec2 Regional Tournament (teams choose the date that works best)
- TBD State Tournament (for teams that advance)
VEX Robotics 2017-18
- Aug-Feb Team Practices
- Oct-Dec Leagues Meets (optional)
- Oct-Feb Tournaments & Skills Only events (team’s choice)
- February 25 State Tournament (only for teams that advance)
- April 25-28 World Finals (only for teams that advance)