Welcome to Caledonia Community Schools!
Enrolling your child is an exciting time and our staff strives to make the process positive and simple for families.
Is your home in the district?
New Student Enrollment
Step 1 - Complete Online Registration
Step 2 - Make an appointment
After you complete the online registration process, we will contact you to schedule an appointment. At the time of the appointment you must bring:
1. Original birth certificate with a raised seal
2. Copy of Immunization Records - Immunization Requirements
3. Proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, tax statement, house buy/sell agreement, lease agreement)
4. Photo ID of parent or guardian registering the student
5. Copy of current IEP if special services placement is required
6. High School Students - a copy of the latest transcript
Birth Certificate Information:
Parents must provide a certified birth certificate with a raised seal. Copies will not be accepted.
- Children born in Kent County - Visit Kent County Vital Records website
- Children born in Ottawa County - Visit Ottawa County Vital Records website
- Children born in Allegan County - Visit Allegan County Vital Records website
- Children born in the United States - Visit the VitalCheck website
Bring the required documentation to the District Administration Office at:
9753 Duncan Lake Ave.
Caledonia, MI 49316
If you are unable to complete the enrollment process online we will be happy to assist you at the Administration Office.
Information Regarding Changes to Elementary School Zones
During the 2020-2021 academic year, the district will begin the transition from its current school placement and transportation model for elementary students to a system based on geographic boundaries for each elementary school. Each home address in the district will be assigned to an attendance zone with a designated elementary building serving those residences.
- There will be no change to Caledonia’s transportation system in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students enrolled on or before January 1, 2020, may to choose to remain at their current elementary school or apply for an in-district transfer to their boundary zone school.
- In preparation for the transition, all new residents and incoming Kindergarten students will be placed at the school in their respective 2021-2022 geographic boundary or attendance zone (see maps below).
- Beginning in the 2021-2022 school year, parents who opt to keep their children in a school building outside of their attendance zone will be responsible for transportation to either an approved bus stop or to the school.
- Parents who are seeking to transfer to their boundary zone school or a transfer for any other reason may request an internal transfer. Please see the "In-district Student Transfer" section on the main Enrollment page.
Elementary School Zones
All new in-district elementary students will be placed according to the geographical location of their home address. The map below displays the zones for each elementary school building. Click the map for a larger view with more details.
Elementary School Zone Maps
The following links will display a detailed map of each elementary school zone boundary.
In-District Student Transfer
In-District Student Transfer
Parents of elementary students who are seeking to transfer to their boundary zone school or a transfer for any other reason may request an internal transfer for the 2020-2021 school year. Registration for the internal transfer process begins March 15, 2020, and ends on April 30, 2020.
The In-District Transfer Form will be available on the website on March 15, 2020.
- Completed forms must be submitted (in person, via email, via fax) to Caledonia’s Administration Office by April 30, 2020. Placement will occur on a first-come, first-served basis, dependent on seat availability, in the priority order listed below:
- Priority 1: Siblings who are attending separate buildings and wish to be reunited.
- Priority 2: Families who are attending a school outside of their home boundary and are seeking a transfer into their home boundary school zone.
- Priority 3: Families seeking an internal transfer for any other reason.
- Internal transfers will be completed by May 20, 2020, and families will be notified by email of their request status. Students who were not successfully placed during the internal transfer period will be put on a waitlist over the summer months and parents will be notified if open spots in their requested building become available.
- Parents who opt to keep their children in a non-boundary zone school will have another chance to seek an in-district transfer for their children in the spring of 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
Schools of Choice
Schools of Choice - For students residing in Kent ISD
The Schools of Choice open enrollment period for the 2019-20 school year is now closed.
A brochure explaining the Kent ISD Schools of Choice program is available at this link:
Kent ISD Schools of Choice Brochure
Schools of Choice - Non-Kent County 105c Application
Non-Kent County 105c Application - The application window for Schools of Choice 105c for students who reside outside of Kent ISD is now closed.
For Questions and Additional Information please contact: