The Senior Survey allows us to collect information regarding your future plans (post-secondary schooling, military, employment), scholarships you've received, Senior Award nominees, and the Senior Walk.
Senior Survey Form (due April 15, but open for changes/additions through May 1)
Senior Walk (various dates)
The Senior Walk is an invitation to take one last walk with other seniors through the hallways of the CCS elementary school where you began your education. Please wear your cap and gown and report to your elementary school at it's assigned date and time.
- Cal El | Tuesday, May 17 @ 11:15 AM
- Dutton | Friday, May 20 @ 9:30 AM
- Emmons Lake | Tuesday, May 17 @ 1:00 PM
- Kettle Lake | Wednesday, May 18 @ 9:30 AM
- Paris Ridge | Tuesday, May 17 @ 11:15 AM
Register: You will have the opportunity to register for the Senior Walk when you complete your Senior Survey.
Contact Mrs. McLaughlin
5/16 Cal Cruise & Senior Sunset
5/16 & 5/17 Senior Exams
Monday, May 16 - Full Day
Student will attend ALL classes as normally scheduled. 4th-6th period exams will be administered during class.
- 1st period (regular class)
- 2nd period (regular class)
- 3rd period (regular class)
- 4th period exam (11:02-12:31)
- 5th period exam (12:37-1:36)
- 6th period exam (1:42-2:41)
Tuesday, May 17 - 1/2 Day
Students will attend 1st-3rd period classes, as normally scheduled, where exams will be administered. Students will be dismissed after their exams are complete. At that time, they will check-out and/or report to their Senior Walk.
- 1st period exam (7:45-8:44)
- 2nd period exam (8:50-9:49)
- 3rd period exam (9:55-10:56)
5/17 Senior's Last Day (Checkout)
Seniors will receive a BLUE check-out form during 3rd period on May 11.
- Take the slip to all of your teachers for signatures indicating that you have returned all materials and are 'released' from that class.
- Return all equipment, uniforms (unless you're still competing), etc.
- If you have a regular locker, clean it out and have Mrs. Weis sign off on the locker line. If you do not have a locker, you can ignore this step. If you have a gym locker, clean it out and have your P.E. teacher sign off.
- Turn in all Technology Devices (chargers, computers, hotspots, cases) in the Media Center beginning on May 12, and have them sign-off on the Technology line.
- Complete all disciplinary assignments (see Mrs. O'Krangley for detention hours
Turn in the completed slip by May 20. Failure to return the form by that date could make you ineligible to participate in Graduation.
5/18 Athletic Signing Day
Location: The event will take place at the Caledonia Football Stadium. In the event of inclement weather, it will be moved to Caledonia High School's Lower Forum Room (located in the North Campus).
Deadline: All signing day information should be submitted to Mrs. Lameyer by Friday, May 13.
Time: Students, parents and coaches should arrive no later than 3:45 PM to get lined up.
5/18 Senior Recognition Night
The 2022 Senior Recognition Night will take place on Wednesday, May 18 @ 7:00 PM in CHS's Fine Arts Center.
Invitations: Seniors with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above at the end of the 1st semester will be invited to attend, along with those receiving special awards and scholarships. Official invitations will be emailed the week of May 2.
Tickets: Due to the large number of students being recognized, and limited seating in the Fine Arts Center, the event will be ticketed. Four (4) tickets will be provided to each family, and will be distributed with graduation tickets on May 9. Overflow seating will be provided in the South Cafeteria, where the event will be live streamed.
5/19 Senior Girls Brunch
The Caledonia Women's Club cordially invites Senior Girls and their mother(s), to attend their Senior Girls Brunch on Thursday, May 19 @ 9:30 AM in CHS's North Cafeteria.
The CWC will be joined by speaker, Candace Monacelli, Meteorologist at Fox 17 News. CWC Scholarships will be presented at the event (if you applied, you should plan on attending).
Business attire is recommended. No RSVP required.
Invitations were distributed on the same day that gowns were. If you did not pick yours up, please stop by the Student Services Office.
5/19 Military Recognition Ceremony
We invite you to join us as we recognize our Seniors who have committed to joining the United States Military.
Please congratulate the following students for their commitment to service:
- Tyler Roy - U.S. Airforce
- Beck Owen - U.S. Army
- James Hall - U.S. Army
- Nikolae Schuitema - U.S. Army National Guard
- James Eardley - U.S. Marines
- Jalen Louisdhon - U.S. Marines
- Nolan Reynolds - U.S. Marines
- Matthew Fisher - U.S. Navy
Hosted by Cornerstone Church, and organized by members of the Senior Class, this optional, non-denominational service, is open to any senior families who wish to attend!
If you are interested in organizing the event, or participating in the service, please contact Colin Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/24 Senior Breakfast
Students are invited to celebrate with their peers at the first annual Senior Breakfast, to be held at 8:00 AM on May 24 in the North Cafeteria. Details to come, but know it will include a student-chosen menu, great giveaways and a few surprises too!
Students will go directly to the Senior Assembly following the event.
5/24 Senior Assembly
The Senior Assembly will take place in Caledonia High School's North Gym at 9:00 AM. Students should wear gowns (no caps).
Parents are invited to attend this event. Parking will be available in the Bus Lot and Fine Arts Lot.
The event normally includes:
- Class Officers Recognition
- Class Address
- Launch U Recognition
- Military Service Recognition
- Perfect Attendance Award
- Principal's Leadership Award
- Athletes of the Year
- Faculty Address
- Class Video
5/24 Graduation Rehearsal
Students will depart for Graduation Rehearsal following the Senior Assembly, at 10:15 AM.
- All students are required to take the bus to and from Calvin University.
- Students should return to CHS via bus by 2:00 PM
- Attendance is mandatory!
5/24 Graduation Ceremony!
Location: Calvin University's Van Noord Arena
Parking: Lots 1-5, 7 and 8 are available for general parking (see map here). Note, Lot 6 is reserved for Handicap Parking, Staff and Board Members.
- 6:00 PM - Graduates arrive @ Calvin and doors open (NEW TIME)
- 6:50 PM - Bag Pipers Lead Graduate Processional
- 7:00 PM - Ceremony begins!
Entry: Tickets are required for entry
Enter through the Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex main entrance, located at the southeast corner of the complex nearest the circle drive
Seating: All seating in the fieldhouse will be General Admission.
Handicap Seating: Located on the main level; designated as section AA all the way around the first row. There will be ushers available to assist as needed.
Sections 114-115 on the floor level have been reserved for staff and the choir. Please do not sit in those sections.
- Graduate processional lines and seating will be in alphabetical order, with the exception of students receiving a Certificate of Attendance, and our exchange students, who will be honored at the end (there will be no walking partners).
- A link to a Digital Program will be provided, highlighting each Senior's time at CCS.
- Students will remain in line to pick up their Graduation Packet following the event. This packet will include:
- Class of 2022 Composite Picture
- Student awards and/or other 'extras'
Academic honors cords are distributed at graduation practice. All other cords are presented to qualifying students by the club or course coordinator.
- Summa Cum Laude "With Highest Honor" (Gold) - Cumulative GPA 4.0+
- Magna Cum Laude "With Great Honor" (Silver) - Cumulative GPA 3.5-3.99
- Cum Laude (Bronze) "With Praise" - Cumulative GPA 3.33-3.5
Club, Course and Service Cords
- AMBY (Pink)
- be.nice (Lime Green)
- DECA (Blue Stole)
- FFA (Blue & Gold)
- Journalism (Green & Yellow & White)
- Launch U (Blue, Gold & White)
- Legion (Blue)
- LINKS (Teal & White)
- NHS (Purple & Gold)
- RAD Drone (Navy Blue)
- Robotics (Red)
- Student Council (Purple & White)
- Versiti Blood Leader for Life (Pink & Gray)
Where Are They Going?
- Name Preference & Senior Quote - due 11/30
- Cap & Gown - order by 12/1
- Senior Portrait - upload image by 12/17 (now 1/2)
- Senior Recognition Ads (Yearbook) - due by 1/30
- Senior All-Night Party - due 3/31
- Senior Yard Signs - order by 4/15