Senior Year Post-Secondary Timeline
SUMMER BEFORE SENIOR YEAR
- Plan and schedule college visits
- Narrow down your list of colleges being considered.
- Attend College Fairs and meet with College Reps when they visit CHS
- Register for and take (or retake) the SAT and/or ACT, if not already done.
- Meet with a counselor to verify that graduation requirements will be met on schedule.
- Complete and submit college applications prior to deadlines.
- Complete and submit scholarship applications prior to deadlines.
- Request transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Register for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1.
- Review and make any necessary changes/corrections to the Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Continue submitting scholarship applications.
- Consider college acceptances; compare financial aid packages offered.
- Call college financial aid representatives with any questions.
- Decide on the college to attend and contact their offices.
- Make informed decisions about student loans.
The Senior Survey allows us to collect information regarding your future plans (post-secondary schooling, military, employment), scholarships you've received, Senior awards nominees, walking partners and interest in the Senior Walk.
The 2020 Senior Survey is NOT yet available. Once it is, you will be asked to complete it by Friday, April 24.