Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment Checklist

Students in taking a Dual Enrollment course should review the checklist below before completing the application. 

PDF DocumentDual Enrollment Student Checklist

Dual Enrollment Policy

Please note that in order for a student to qualify for Dual Enrollment, student must:

1. Have achieved a passing score: 

  • On the Michigan Merit Exam in the content area of the college course in which they want to enroll (applies to incoming Seniors)

  • OR...on either the PLAN or PSAT tests in the content area of the college course in which they want to enroll (applies to incoming Sophomores or Juniors; see guidance counselor for cut scores).

  • OR...approval by a counselor. 

2. AND...Have exhausted all of the offerings available in this content area offered at the High School (i.e., AP courses)

3. AND...Meet any enrollment requirements of the college or university in which they are enrolling

The parent and student must:
4. Agree to pay any additional tuition, fees, and other related expenses, due to the enrolling institution beyond what the district agrees to pay. Please note: The district will only pay the tuition charges as stipulated in board policy in italics and quoted here: “Upon receipt of a bill from the postsecondary institution itemizing the charges for a student’s participation in a particular course, the District shall either pay the bill or the prorated percentage of the State portion of the foundation allowance for that student, whichever is lower.”

See your counselor for current year foundation allowance. For the 2024-25 school year, the maximum amount allowed for all expenses excluding transportation related to the course is $762.50. If charges exceed such payment the student and his/her parents are responsible for the remaining charges.

5. Agree to repay the district the tuition fees paid on the student’s behalf by the District if the student drops the course, as quoted here: "If a student participating in the postsecondary (dual) enrollment program fails to successfully complete an eligible course, the student and his/her parents are responsible for reimbursing the District for such charges incurred by the District for such enrollment or direct payment to the institution. In the event reimbursement is not made in a reasonable period of time, the Superintendent is authorized to file claim against the student and/or his/her parents in Small Claims Court for collection." Note: The student will not be permitted to enroll in a replacement class at CHS unless this reimbursement has been received.

6. Understand that it is the student’s responsibility to provide a copy of the official grade (transcript from the college or university) to the Student Services office by June 1st in order for the grade and credit to be included on the student’s transcript for the school year. Seniors should have all dual Enrollment grades turned into their counselors by the Friday prior to graduation. 

7. Understand that the courses may be taken for high school credit, post-secondary credit, or both. The student must make this decision at the time of application. 

Dual Enrollment Application

Please complete a Dual Enrollment Application for each postsecondary course to be taken during high school. 

Google FormsDual Enrollment Application

Dual Enrollment Grade Submission From

Once grades are finalized, you will be required to submit them to us via the form below. 

Google FormsDual Enrollment Grade Submission Form