Information and where to find them!
There are many scholarships that are offered specifically to students who attend CHS, reside in the Caledonia area, Kent County, etc. Some are through CEF, others through local municipalities. These scholarships are listed in our Local Scholarship Guide here.
Most colleges and universities offer institutional scholarships to students. In many cases, every student who submits a FAFSA will be considered for these scholarships, though some do require a separate application. Check with the college to which you are applying to see the scholarships that are available.
#3 Search Sites
Compare colleges, read reviews and find scholarships that match your skills and strengths
Peterson's Scholarship search, test prep resources, articles and more
Through a new program called RaiseMe (launched with the support of Bill & Melinda Gates), students can guarantee scholarships from 250 colleges as early as 9th grade by entering in their good grades, community service, extracurricular activities and more! Some examples:
- Get an A in a course ($100-$1000)
- Participate in a sport or club ($50-$600)
Access CHS's RAISE.ME page, where you can sign-up or login
#5 College Board
The College Board has created a system of Opportunity Scholarships to help reward Juniors and Seniors for their efforts to plan and pay for college by offering the chance to earn up to $40,000 in scholarships!
Fast Food Educational Assistance
Hold an after-school job? Many companies offer tuition assistance and scholarships! A few are listed below:
- Burger King - $1000-$50000
- Chick-Fil-A - $2500 per year
- Chipotle - 100% tuition for select degrees, and up to $5,250 per year for others]
- KFC - $2000 to $3000 per year
- McDonalds - $2500 per year
- Pizza Hut - up to 51% off at Excelsior College
- Starbucks - 100% tuition coverage at ASU
- Taco Bell
Davenport University Scholarships
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
Applying to college is a complicated process, so College Board created an Opportunity Scholarships program that guides you through it. This scholarship program is open to all students and it doesn't require an essay, application, or minimum GPA. Instead, it rewards your effort and initiative. Complete key steps along your path to college for a chance to earn scholarships.
The more effort you put in, the more opportunities you have to earn a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded through monthly drawings to students who complete each action
- Build your College List: $500
- Practice for the SAT: $1,000
- Improve Your score: $2,000
- Strengthen Your List: $500
- Complete the FAFSA: $1,000
- Apply to Colleges: $1,000
- Complete all 6: $40,000