What is a College Fair?
A college fair is an event in which representatives from a variety of colleges come together to meet one-on-one with high school students (and parents too) to talk about their respective colleges and answer questions. They are often equipped with handouts and brochures about the campus, academic programs, course offerings, activities, sports and more.
- 03/10 - Christian College Fair @ Grand Rapids Christian 6:30-8:30
- 03/28 - West Michigan National College Fair @ 8:30-11:30 AM & 6-8:00 PM
Fall (all events are Virtual)
09/20-09/25 - College Fairs Online - Midwest
10/04 - Blueprint Virtual Grand Rapids Christian College Fair @ 6:30-8:30PM
10/05 - Coalition for College Virtual College Fair @ 6-10:00 PM
10/06 - Coalition for College Virtual College Fair @ 7-10:00 PM
10/14 - NACAC Virtual Midwest US Fair @ 5-9:00 PM
10/21 - College Connect LIVE
10/22 - College Connect LIVE
10/24 - NACAC Signature Fair #1
11/02 - NACAC Arts & STEM Fair
11/14 - NACAC Signature Fair #2
How To Prepare
Some tips to help you prepare are listed below. For more information, visit JLV College Counseling.
- Get to know yourself and what you want in a college.
- Find out what colleges will be attending the fair.
- Do a little research before the fair.
- Have your information ready.
- Be patient.
- Get the college information and Admission Counselor’s business card.
- Make a good impression.
- Go outside your comfort zone.
- Do further investigation into the colleges after the fair.