Registering for 10th Grade Classes
Registration will open on January 25 and close February 3. All students will receive instructions on how to register during their English class on January 25 and an email will be sent to families with further explanation. Helpful resources have been posted below -- be sure to explore them!
Freshman year Post-Secondary Timeline
- Update your Educational Development Plan (EDP) and create a four-year plan for meeting graduation requirements.
- Take challenging classes in core academic areas and obtain information about AP, Dual Enrollment and CLEP options
- Join extra-curriculars and consider leadership
- Begin your Academic Resume
- Take a Personality Test and Career Inventory
- Explore career options through one of Kent ISD's Career & College Readiness Programs
- Attend college fairs
- Research funding for college; including scholarships, grants, loans, etc.
- Prepare for the PSAT by taking practice tests and using resources available through College Board and Khan Academy.
- Sign up for summer programs at local colleges
Class Registration Instructions
A.P. World History Contract (must be signed and returned to Mr. McCombs by February 3rd)