Registering for 10th Grade Classes
Registration will open on February 2 and close February 11. All students will receive instructions on how to register during Seminar on February 2 and an email will be sent to families with further explanation. Helpful resources have been posted below -- be sure to explore them!
Freshman year Post-Secondary Timeline
- Update your Educational Development Plan (EDP) and create a four-year plan for meeting graduation requirements.
- Take challenging classes in core academic areas and obtain information about AP, Dual Enrollment and CLEP options
- Join extra-curriculars and consider leadership
- Begin your Academic Resume
- Take a Personality Test and Career Inventory
- Explore career options through one of Kent ISD's Career & College Readiness Programs
- Attend college fairs
- Research funding for college; including scholarships, grants, loans, etc.
- Prepare for the PSAT by taking practice tests and using resources available through College Board and Khan Academy.
- Sign up for summer programs at local colleges