What is a College Fair?
A college fair is an event in which representatives from a variety of colleges come together to meet one-on-one with high school students (and parents too) to talk about their respective colleges and answer questions. They are often equipped with handouts and brochures about the campus, academic programs, course offerings, activities, sports and more.
Virtual College Fairs
09/26 - Army ROTC Virtaul College Leadership Fair @ 10AM-1PM
09/29 & 09/30 - College Connect LIVE
10/08 - Northeast Public Universities @ 7-8:00 PM (Penn State, UConn, Rutgers, etc)
10/12 - NACAC Virtual College Fair 2 @ 1-9:00 PM
10/18 - NACAC Virtual College Fair 3 @ 12-8:00 PM
10/19 to 10/24 - College Fairs Online - Midwest
11/05 - Blueprint Virtual Christian College Fair 2 @ 6-11:00 PM
11/08 - NACAC Virtual College Fair 4 @ 2-10:00 PM
02/22 to 02/27 - College Fairs Online - Midwest
How To Prepare
Some tips to help you prepare are listed below. For more information, visit JLV College Counseling.
- Get to know yourself and what you want in a college.
- Find out what colleges will be attending the fair.
- Do a little research before the fair.
- Have your information ready.
- Be patient.
- Get the college information and Admission Counselor’s business card.
- Make a good impression.
- Go outside your comfort zone.
- Do further investigation into the colleges after the fair.