FAFSA FEDERAL STUDENT AID
Electronically submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students interested in financial aid for college will need to complete this form by March 1, 2019 to meet the State deadline.
AFTER completing the FAFSA you should:
1. Create a MiSSG Student Portal account to complete aid program applications and monitor your eligibility status.
- Their office awards the first college/university listed on your FAFSA. If you decide to attend a different institution, please update this in the MiSSG Student Portal or call 1-888-447-2687.
2. IF you scored 1200 or higher on the SAT, you may qualify for the Michigan Competitive Scholarship.
- Confirm that your Social Security Number is in their system (Student Services can help you with that).
3. IF you are eligible for the Tuition Incentive Program (TIP), you must complete your application by August 31, 2019.
- To check your TIP eligibility and complete an application, log into the MiSSG Student Portal or call 1-888-447-2687.
- Some colleges/universities have separate deadlines for TIP students. If you are TIP eligible, contact the financial aid office of the college/university that you plan on attending to learn about their process for TIP students.