2020-21 Military Visits
Typically military reps visit our campus during lunch. Unfortunately, with that not an option this year, many have scheduled virtual visits. View our College Visits Page for a list of Military Reps that have scheduled virtual sessions and register via the link provided.
Register - It's the Law
Almost all male U.S. citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service WITHIN 30 DAYS of their 18th birthday.
You can do so:
at your local post office
Student Financial Aid
Men, born after December 31, 1959, who aren't registered with Selective Service won't qualify for federal student loans or grant programs. This includes Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Direct Stafford Loans/Plus Loans, National Direct Student Loans, and College Work Study.
It's important to know that even though he is registered, a man will not automatically be inducted into the military. In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in a sequence determined by random lottery number and year of birth. Then, they would be examined for mental, physical, and moral fitness by the military before being deferred or exempted from military service or inducted into the Armed Forces.
Learn more at sss.gov
ASVAB stands for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, which is a multiple-choice test that helps you identify which Army jobs (Military Occupational Specialties) would be best for you.
2020 ASVAB @ CAL
The FALL TEST is NOT CURRENTLY SCHEDULED
A few notes:
* Approximately 3 hours is required (includes instructions and answer sheet prep).
* Military representatives will be available following the test, for those interested in obtaining information on site.
ASVAB Testing @ GV Armory
Interested parties can take the ASVAB test at the Grand Valley Armory in Wyoming, every 2nd & 4th Wednesday.
- Students are requested to arrive at 3PM for the 4PM test. The test will take 3 hours.
- Do note, you must have a 15 minute meeting with SSG Joshua Horton, or another military representative, to register, prior to taking the test.
- CONTACT: SSG Joshua Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-498-4471 for more information