Want to learn more about the Kent Career Technical Center? Visit the KCTC website here.
All information regarding CHS's collaboration with KCTC can be found in the Policies and Expectations Document, including: Contacts, KCTC session times, transportation, rules, bus etiquette, attendance and absences, delays, exam schedules, grading, Interim and more!
Caledonia will start KCTC bussing on August 19, 2019
2019-20 KCTC Visits
KCTC Program visits begin on October 8. The enrollment system for these visits will open on September 23.
TO SIGN UP
1. Register for a visit by completing the form here. You will need to choose the course you'd like to visit, as well as your preferred session (1st or 3rd). A list of courses is included on the "KCTC Visit Selection Sheet" below, for reference.
2. Your visit will be scheduled with KCTC and a Permission Form with details regarding your visit, will distributed to you in your 3rd Macro Class. Complete and return it to Student Services. If you misplace it, or need the information noted on it, blank ones are available below.
3. On the day of the visit:
- 1st Macro: Arrive to school at 5:50 AM to catch the 6:00 bus.
- 3rd Macro: You will receive a STUPass via your school email and/or a text to leave class at 11:20 AM. Show this to your teacher on your device (or print ahead of time, if a device is not available) --> Bring or grab a lunch to eat on the bus --> Catch the bus at 11:30AM, at Door 3W.
4. An Enrollment Form will be sent to everyone who completes a KCTC visit. Those who visit betweeen October-January should receive it on 1/31...those visiting after, immediately following their visit. On it, you will have the opportunity to indicate whether you want to enroll AND what your 1st, 2nd and 3rd program choice are. KCTC's enrollment opens in February and closes in March, so don't delay.
5. Those enrolling in CNA/Nurse Tech, Criminal Justice, HSECA Diagnostic OR Therapeutic, Design Lab or 3D Animation must then also submit a completed application to the address shown by the deadline indicated. *NOT ALL FORMS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR 2020 ENROLLMENT*
6. You will be notified in early May of your status, via a letter in the mail.