Communications & Public Relations Information
The Caledonia Community Schools Communications department is responsible for maintaining effective communications within our district as well as our community. We are the primary source for sharing the district's story through media communications, public outreach, traditional media, and electronic means. The department seeks to keep the parents and community informed of pertinent information, upcoming events, student and staff achievements, and issues impacting our district.
- We WILL implement a conducive and structured information exchange environment for integrating students, parents, teachers, and the administration.
- We WILL improve internal and external communication with the goal of creating open, two-way communication between the district and staff, parents, and the community.
CCS Social Media Standards
Our Social Media Standards
Caledonia Community Schools (CCS) strives to make our online platforms safe and effective for all ages. Our pages provide information of public interest to students, parents, and other residents in our community. We encourage you to engage with us, share thoughts and questions, share our posts, and collectively work together to tell our story. Caledonia Community Schools is doing amazing things for our students and families and we want to make sure everyone knows it!
Staff, students, parents, community members, and visitors are encouraged to:
- Be a positive role model for students
- Be respectful and supportive of others
- Be mindful that children use social media websites
- Use good judgment in commenting and sharing information
CCS considers its social media platforms to be a limited public forum. As a result, CCS reserves the right to remove comments that are clearly off-topic and inappropriate, including:
- Profane or obscene language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates prejudice or discrimination against protected classes
- Sexually harassing, lewd, bullying, harassing, or discriminatory content
- Conduct or encouragement of violence, criminal activity, or truancy (please note that threats will be reported to law enforcement)
- Spam or comments that include links to external online sites
- Commercial solicitations or advertisements including promotion or endorsement
- Promotions of particular services, products, or political candidates or organizations
- Information that personally identifies students or otherwise infringes on a child’s legal rights related to education
- Information that is profane, slanderous, or defamatory against CCS personnel, staff or students
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of individuals, public schools, or public school systems
Violators of our community standards may have their comments removed from CCS social media platforms. Continued egregious violations of this policy may prompt CCS to block or further restrict an individual’s ability to comment on, or engage with, our official social media platforms. CCS also reserves the right to delete comments and block users from commenting if they violate our community standards.
The District does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted on the page. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those making the comments and do not necessarily represent the District.
Thank you for doing your part to create a positive social media experience in our community.
Tell - "Our Story"
Caledonia Community Schools is doing amazing things for our students and families and we want to make sure everyone knows it! Do you have an inspirational, impactful, exciting, entertaining, or encouraging story to share with your school community? Do you know of an alumnus who is doing something extraordinary? A story that supports the district’s mission and illustrates the actual events taking place on a daily basis that contribute to our vision?
Please fill out the form below and we'll do our best to share this with families via social media, our website, or in the Cal Communicator. If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).