Operations Department

Our staff is responsible for supporting all of our facility and grounds needs for the school district.

The district has just over one million, one hundred thousand square feet (1,100,000) of building space and three hundred twenty (320) acres of land.

Please follow these links to connect to services for Work Order requests and Facility Scheduling / Rentals.

Project Requests

The project request form is the place to start if you need something "more" than a repair or standard service.  If it needs to be built, changed, painted, floored, added, or deleted to the building - this is the place to get your project off the ground.

Proposing a project starts here by printing or filling out the form and bringing it to your building principal or corresponding administrator for a signature. Funding is addressed on the form and you may need to secure it before a project gets off the ground – or at a minimum have a good plan for it.

After your building administrator has signed it, scan, send, or interoffice mail the form to the Operations office.  Once the form is in, Operations will review it for code compliance, costs, resource commitments, and feasibility. Forms will then be shared with the District Cabinet group for consideration. You’ll be notified of the project status and next steps.

The deadline for Submission for consideration of project work during the summer is May 1st.

PRF - Fillable PDF         PRF - Print PDF

Caledonia Community Schools Water Quality Information

Water Quality

Caledonia Community Schools tests its water on an annual basis.  Water samples are taken from two sources at each building and tested at the Kent County Health Department.  Results of these tests can be found below by clicking the building link. The table below lists each building and the drinking water source.  The majority of our water comes from our local municipalities. However, the district does operate wells at two of our buildings. Water quality reports for Gaines Caledonia and Gaines Township treatment facilities can be viewed by clicking the associated link.  All testing results fall within acceptable ranges as outlined by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)


The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has begun a statewide initiative to test drinking water from all schools that use well water and community water supplies. The test is looking for a group of manmade chemicals called per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).   MDEQ is taking this precautionary step of testing these drinking water sources to determine if public health actions are needed.

It is not uncommon to find low levels of PFAS in drinking water supplies, as PFAS can be found in fire-fighting foams, stain repellents, nonstick cookware, waterproof clothing, food wrappers, and many other household products. They do not break down in the environment and move easily into water.

The EPA set an LHA level for two PFAS in drinking water, perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS). The LHA level is 70 parts per trillion (ppt, equal to 70 ng/L) for PFOA and PFOS combined, or individually if only one is present. The EPA has not set health advisory levels for other PFAS compounds.  The State of Michigan is using 70 ppt for decision-making purposes.

All building water supplies have been tested by AECOM, MDEQ’s contractor and all water sources exceed The State of Michigan Standards.  The test results can be found on the Michigan PFAS Action Response Team website, www.michigan.gov/pfasresponse.

Buildings included in Caledonia Township:
PDF DocumentCaledonia High School - South Campus
PDF DocumentCaledonia High School - North Campus
PDF DocumentDuncan Lake Middle School
PDF DocumentKraft Meadows Middle School
PDF DocumentCaledonia Elementary
PDF DocumentEmmons Lake Elementary

Buildings included in Gaines Township:
PDF DocumentDutton Elementary

District Operated Wells include: (click on the link for individual reports)
PDF DocumentKettle Lake Elementary
Paris Ridge Elementary

PDF DocumentHow to read a water report (Kent County Health Department)
PDF DocumentDrinking Water Toolkit

Pesticide Notice:

The district's annual pesticide notification to parents can be found on the district transparency page under annual notifications. 


Contact Us: