School Age Enrollment (Young Fives-12th Grade) 2023-2024 School Year is Open!
Step 1 - Request to Enroll
Step 1: Request to enroll at the Caledonia Community Schools Enrollment Site
Once you have completed Step 1 with your request to enroll, upon approval, an email will be sent to the email address provided in the application. This approval will include further instructions on completing the enrollment process. Following the approval of your application, you will need to complete Step 2 & Step 3 of the enrollment process. Please be sure to read the instructions completely. In order for your student to receive a start date, teacher assignment or class schedule, all Steps 1-3 must be completed.
Note: During peak enrollment season, approval of your enrollment application may take up to 5 business days.
Step 2 - Complete the PowerSchool Process
Step 2: PowerSchool set up & Forms A-K completion
To complete Step 2, follow the instructions in the approval email and set up a new account or open an existing PowerSchool account. Next, complete Forms A-K in the Enrollment tab found in the Forms section of your PowerSchool account. The Forms section can be found in the navigation bar on the left side of your screen when in PowerSchool. For additional assistance in completing the PowerSchool set up, please visit our PowerSchool Support link.
Note: When completing the Student Contacts Form-D in PowerSchool, please be sure to include at least two contacts for your student(s). Having at least two contacts is valuable for our buildings should they need to reach you regarding your student(s).
Step 3 - Turn in Enrollment Documents
Step 3: Submit all necessary enrollment documents
For Step 3, please gather and submit the documents listed below. These documents may be brought into our Administration Office where copies can be made or the documents may be scanned/photographed and emailed to our District Enrollment Coordinator, Ginnie VanPolen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you email your student's information, once your documents are processed you will receive an email with an update on the status of your student's enrollment process. During peak enrollment times, please allow 2-3 days for processing.
Documents required for enrollment:
- Birth Certificate (issued by the county where the child was born, with a raised seal).
⚬ For students born in Kent County, visit acessKent for information regarding
ordering a birth certificate online.
- Immunization Records or Immunization Waiver (waivers must be obtained through the Kent County Health Department; 616-632-7047).
⚬ MDDHS-Vaccines required for school enrty in Michigan
⚬ Visit the Michigan Care Improvement Registry for information on how to obtain immunization records
- Photo ID of the enrolling parent/guardian (drivers license, state ID or passport)
- Current proof of Residency (provide one of the following)
- Utility bill (gas, electric or water dated within the last month).
- Property tax statement (not a tax assessment or mortgage statement) dated with the current tax season.
- Proof of home purchase (additional documentation may be requested).
- Rental/lease agreement (including the page with the landlord and tenant signatures).
- If living with family or friends in their home, the following is needed:
⚬ A proof of residency as listed above from the homeowner.
⚬ Photo ID as listed above from the homeowner.
⚬ A letter, typed or handwritten, by the homeowner that includes the names of those living at the residence, the address of the residence, date and signature of the homeowner.
Documents for Kindergarten and Young Fives Only:
- Health appraisal (signed by the physician and parent, appraisal exam needs to be completed within 12 months prior to the start of school).
- Hearing and vision screening results (screenings can be completed by your family physician or through the Kent County Health Department; 616-632-7047. Screenings need to be completed within 12 months of the start of school).
Additional documents needed for enrollment (if applicable):
- Copy of the students transcript (grades 9-12 only).
- Copy of the students IEP (if special services are needed).
- Court documents (i.e. guardianship, custody, foster care, etc.).
Congratulations! You are Now Enrolled
Completed Enrollment & Start Date
Once your required enrollment documents have been received and approved through the enrollment process and the PowerSchool Forms A-K section has been completed, the school office will contact you to discuss a start date and share school specific documents and information with you. Thank you for completing your student(s) enrollment with Caledonia Community Schools. We look forward to your family joining our CCS family!